This course focuses on geriatric physiotherapy science and practice. The course is structured to study those factors affecting life and health of ageing people, and relationship with ageing social. This also allows a study for different methods of physiotherapy rehabilitation in many ageing related clinical cases, their evaluation and management.
This course is open to Physiotherapy Professionals.
At the end of this course, participants will be able: –
- To comprehend the concept of ageing.
- To appreciate the implication of and complications of ageing
- To demonstrate physiotherapy professional skills in evaluation and management of common clinical conditions found in elderly population.
- General concept of ageing changes
- Theories of ageing
- Physiological changes of ageing
- Physiotherapy evaluation and standard protocols used
- Physiotherapy rehabilitation in management of ageing effects and complications
- Documentation and home programs for the aged
The training will be conducted at ECUREI campus Mengo or any other venue communicated in advance.