This course focuses on imparting skills to provide appropriate physiotherapy intervention on a critically ill client, which would provide early recovery and control mortality in critical care settings.
This course is open to Physiotherapy Professionals from diploma level and above.
At the end of this course, participants will be able: –
- To demonstrate appropriate and systematic physiotherapy assessment skills in critical illnesses
- To recall rationale for precautions and contraindications of applying physiotherapy to a critically ill client
- To Demonstrate physiotherapy management skills on a critically ill client
- To Demonstrate and document clinical communication skills in critical illnesses
Description of critical care
- Equipments in critical care
- Indications for patient critical care admission
- Complications faced by a critical care patient.
- Cardiorespiratory patient support
- Assessment of the critically ill
- Physiotherapy techniques for the critical ill patient
Mode of assessment
The course will be assessed using pre and post-tests, continuous progressive tests, presentations, and group discussions
The training will be conducted at ECUREI campus Mengo or any other venue communicated in advance.