Ernest cook Ultrasound Research and Education Institute (ECUREI) is the leading tertiary institute in the training of Ultrasound, Medical Imaging and other health related courses.
ECUREI also implements community health projects. Currently, ECUREI is part of the consortium that is implementing the DINU programme in northern Uganda, we will support the consortium in the promotion of Nutrition and Health through supporting communities to improve the nutrition status of mothers and children under 2 years, promote adolescent sexual and reproductive health, family planning and improve Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). For more information about ECUREI, please check https://www.ecurei.ac.ug
Job Title: Program officer WASH and Reproductive Health
Place of Assignment: Dokolo
Reports to: Technical Advisor WASH and Reproductive Health
The Program assistant WASH and Reproductive Health will be responsible to implement the day to day hygiene promotion activities through community promoters who are working directly with the communities to ensure that they provide knowledge, to change attitude and adaptation of good hygiene practices. Additionally, he/she will implement reproductive health interventions under the project.
- Work with Community based Promoters to ensure proper dissemination of WASH information to beneficiaries.
- Strengthening of Community promoters through training and other capacity development activities in the areas of WASH and Reproductive Health, particularly, family planning, adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Assist Community promoters in inspection of sanitary facilities in households like latrines and hand washing facilities to ensure that they are being used.
- Conduct daily field visits to support other field staff on implementation of WASH and reproductive health.
- Supporting in reproductive health commodity supply and monitoring their utilization.
- Support the setting up of youth friendly corners at health facilities.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in collection of useful data success stories and beneficiary lists as required.
- Participate in preparing weekly/ monthly reports and ensure timely submission to relevant authorities.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to speak English, Langi or Ateso.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three), work-related referees, only through our recruitment email email@example.com indicating the job title in the email subject.
Deadline for receiving application is September 4th, 2020 by 5:00 pm