Ernest cook Ultrasound Research and Education Institute (ECUREI) is the leading tertiary institute in the training of Ultrasound, Medical Imaging and other health related courses.
ECUREI also implements community health projects. Currently, ECUREI is part of the consortium that is implementing the DINU programme in northern Uganda, we will support the consortium in the promotion of Nutrition and Health through supporting communities to improve the nutrition status of mothers and children under 2 years, promote adolescent sexual and reproductive health, family planning and improve Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). For more information about ECUREI, please check https://www.ecurei.ac.ug
Job Title: Program officer Nutrition
Place of Assignment: Dokolo
Reports to: Technical Advisor Nutrition
The Program officer Nutrition will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the nutrition interventions .i.e. nutrition assessment, promotion of maternal infant and young child feeding practices through the Community promoters.
- Support the implementation of the comprehensive maternal infant and young child feeding practices.
- Support community promoters to assess nutrition status of children and refer malnourished cases to the nearest health center.
- Support capacity building of community promoters in nutrition through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings.
- Support the systematic delivery of health and nutrition education messages to the community and facility level.
- Compile and submit weekly reports on the progress of the activities.
- Participate in collection of useful data success stories and beneficiary lists as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors in human nutrition and dietetics from recognized institution.
- Relevant working experience of two years.
- Ability to speak English, Langi or Ateso.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Having implemented a nutrition project is an added advantage.
Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three), work-related referees, only through our recruitment email email@example.com indicating the job title in the email subject.
Deadline for receiving application is September 4th, 2020 by 5:00 pm