Position: Lecturer- Electrical and Electronics engineering
Reporting to: Academic Registrar
The Lecturer- Electrical and Electronics engineering will undertake teaching, assessment and mentorship of students within the institution’s Biomedical Engineering Department. The selected person will also be expected to engage in research and where required, participate in Institute projects
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, plan and implement effective and inclusive teaching and support learning activities.
- Teach across a range of modules/units or within a subject area using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods and technologies.
- Assess the work and progress of students and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Seek ways of improving performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analyzing feedback.
- Develop ideas for improving the learning environment, teaching and/or assessment and feedback methods.
- Engage in professional development in relation to teaching, learning and assessment, including the use of an evidence-informed approach, which utilizes the outcomes of research and scholarship, to enhance practice.
- Participate in collaborative research projects as appropriate to the discipline and supervise research students as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Must be knowledgeable in Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, and Electronic Testing Design etc.
- Should demonstrate depth and breadth of understanding of subject matters at a complex conceptual level.
- Should possess teaching skills, with preferably a Post Graduate Diploma in Education, from a recognized Institution.
- Possess substantial experience in relevant research field, with an emerging track record in research in relevant subject commensurate with stage of career.