Position: Lecturer- Computer Science and Software Engineering
Reports to: The Academic Registrar
The Lecturer- Computer Science and Software Engineering will undertake teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level; supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research students and carry out any administrative duties commensurate with the role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan and implement effective and inclusive teaching and supporting learning activities.
- Teach across a range of modules/units or within a subject area using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods and technologies.
- Assess the work and progress of students and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Seek ways of improving performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analyzing feedback.
- Develop ideas for improving the learning environment, teaching and/or assessment and feedback methods.
- Engage in professional development in relation to teaching, learning and assessment, including the use of an evidence-informed approach, which utilizes the outcomes of research and scholarship, to enhance practice.
- Participate in collaborative research projects as appropriate to the discipline and supervise research students as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering from a recognized University.
- Must be knowledgeable in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies
- Must demonstrate depth and breadth of understanding of subject matters at a complex conceptual level.
- Should possess teaching skills, with preferably a Post Graduate Diploma in Education, from a recognized Institution.
- Possess substantial experience in relevant research field, with an emerging track record in research in relevant subject commensurate with stage of career.